February 27th, 2014 at 9:31am
The schedule for the UVU Winter Dancesport Festival this weekend has been updated. You can access the latest schedule here:
2014 UVU Winter Dancesport Festival Schedule
Also, the following events are closed to further entries:
- Amateur Latin (C/S/R/PD/J)
- Amateur West Coast SwingBronze American Cha Cha
- Bronze Latin Samba
- Elem Syllabus American (F/CC)
- Elem Syllabus Latin (S/PD)
- HS Level 1 Waltz – Danzinskule
- HS Syllabus Ballroom (W/Q)
- Jr High Syllabus American (F/CC)
- Junior Ballroom Formation
- Junior Latin Formation
- Junior Latin Showdance
- Novice Ballroom (W/Q)
- Novice Smooth (W/F)
- Open Jr Smooth (W/T/F/VW)
- Open Yth Ballroom (W/T/VW/F/Q)
- Pre-Champ Smooth (W/T/F)
- Pre-Teen Ballroom Formation
- Pre-Teen Latin Formation
- Pre-Teen Latin Showdance
- Silver Latin Paso Doble
- Youth Ballroom Formation
- Youth Ballroom Showdance
- Youth Latin Formation
- Youth Latin Showdance
February 25th, 2014 at 9:19pm
The tentative schedule for the UVU Winter Dancesport Festival this weekend is now available. The schedule is subject to change. Please be ready to dance 30 minutes before your scheduled time.
The organizers would like to thank everyone for their support of the competition! The competition has been very popular this year. The organizers will not be able to wait for dancers who are late! Click below for the schedule:
2014 UVU Winter Dancesport Festival Tentative Schedule
The remaining available entries for the events at the Festival are also now available. Some events, such as the team formation events, have reach their limit and are closed to additional entries.
2014 UVU Winter Dancesport Festival Available Entries
February 24th, 2014 at 11:47am
The tentative schedule for the Ballroom Challenge at the University of Utah in the Ray Olpin University Union Ballroom (200 S. Central Campus Drive SLC, UT 84112) this evening is now available below. Events begin at 6:30 pm. Contact Krista Derington or Alexander Hughes for more information.
2014 U of U Ballroom Challenge Tentative Schedule
February 24th, 2014 at 12:35am
New NDCA Syllabus Rules
Coaches and dancers, please note that there are NEW NDCA RULES for all syllabus categories. In some cases there have been significant changes and/or clarifications. It is STRONGLY recommended that all coaches and couples check the new NDCA Approved Figures, Elements, and Restrictions, available at the NDCA website here (also in the News section):
Formation Team Rule Reminders
The NDCA Team event invigilator has asked all teams and especially coaches to remember several important rules for team events. The following rules in particular will be enforced at the upcoming national championships in Provo:
- - All entrance and exit maximum duration will be enforced. For example, Youth teams are allowed up to 30 seconds for an entrance (with music) and another 30 seconds for their exit (no music allowed). “The timing begins when the first person sets foot onto the dance floor. The timing ends when the last person on the team steps off the dance floor.” (NDCA Rulebook XII, E and F)
- - No lifts are allowed at any time in any category (except for Cabaret). “A lift is any movement during which one of the dancers has both feet off the floor at the same time with the assistance or support of their partner.” (NDCA Rulebook XII, H)
- - The number of dances allowed is limited per age division. For example, Junior teams may only dance a maximum of 3 dances from the approved list for each style. “Transition” dances count against this total. (NDCA Rulebook XII, F)
- - In the Ballroom/Smooth categories, only 50% of the bars of music may be solo or open work. “At least 50% of their bars of music must be danced completely in the traditional competitive ballroom hold.” “…solo (open) work in the Ballroom/Smooth category is defined as when any couple in the formation team is not in the traditional competitive ballroom hold (which includes the lady’s left hand being placed on the man’s right shoulder).” Coaches must submit a breakdown of the phrasing of the music indicating which measures are open at the team’s rehearsal in the tournament facility. (NDCA Rulebook XII, I)
Please refer to the NDCA Rulebook for a complete list of all rules:
Preliminary Heat Lists
The preliminary heat lists have been posted for the upcoming nationals. You can access them at the byudancesport.com website here:
February 23rd, 2014 at 5:31pm
The judges marks for the UBEA State Title Match and Timpanogos Dancesport Festival are now available. Click below to download.
February 22nd, 2014 at 11:12am
Coaches and dancers:
Please note that entries for the team events at the UVU Dance Festival Feb 28 – March 1 are now closed. Contact Paul Winkelman with any questions.
February 20th, 2014 at 11:59am
The tentative schedule for the UBEA State Title Match and the Timpanogos Dancesport Festival that begins tomorrow (Feb 21-22) has been updated. You can access the latest update below. Please be prepared to dance 30 minutes before your scheduled time. The schedule is tentative and subject to change.
Parking and Entrance: Please note that the UBEA State Title Match is occurring during the school day. Accordingly, competitors and spectators attending the UBEA events should park in the southern parking lot at Timpanogos High School (1450 N 200 E, Orem, UT 84057) and enter through the south doors of the school (directly into the gymnasium where the event is held). Please do not enter through the main school entrance and/or walk through the school.
2014 UBEA State Title Match and Timpanogos Dancesport Festival Tentative Schedule
February 18th, 2014 at 12:14am
The entries list for the UBEA State Title Match and the Timpanogos Dancesport Festival this weekend are now available. You can check the entry list to verify your registration. You can see the entries list here:
February 17th, 2014 at 11:58pm
The tentative schedule for the UBEA State Title Match and Timpanogos Dancesport Festival is now available. This schedule is subject to change. Please be prepared to dance 30 minutes before your scheduled time.
The UBEA State Title Match is scheduled from noon until 4:30 pm on Friday. Then the Timpanogos Dancesport Festival begins at 5:30 pm Friday night and continues all day Saturday. Any changes to the schedule will be posted here at UtahBallroom.com.
2014 UBEA State Title Match & Timpanogos Dancesport Festival Tentative Schedule
February 12th, 2014 at 12:58am
The U of U Ballroom Competition Club will be hosting the U Ballroom Challenge on February 24th at 6:30 PM in the University of Utah Union Ballroom. Admission to come and watch the event will be free, and competition entry fees will be minimal. There are several events to encourage ballroom dancers of every skill level to compete.
Note that Pre-Teen and Junior ages are combined for this competition. Also, the entry form indicates “Pro-Amateur”, which is equivalent to Championship (Open) level at other NDCA competitions. The event will also have several Latin events that are unusual, such as Bachata, Salsa, and Merengue, as well as several single-dance events. Entry forms are due by Feb 19.
The online payment portal is here: http://goo.gl/ltuWfa
The link to the payment portal is also on the registration form)